Manufacturing Process Engineering Technician/Technologist Apply
Location: Guelph, Ontario
The Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering Technologist is responsible for improving manufacturing processes, equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of material, machines and facilities necessary for the production of parts. In conjunction with Quality, Engineering and Operations work groups, assist in the development and implementation of new manufacturing cells and work processes. Responsible for continuous improvement and problem root cause resolution of current operating cells from the perspective of process capability, process control, and process productivity/rate.
- Work in compliance with Hammond Manufacturing Safety, Environmental, Quality and Production Systems
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required for production
- Work closely with production and technical support resources and suppliers to ensure timely completion of projects
- Directs the development and/or improvements of assembly, automation and auxiliary manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Understand and work within the guidelines of ISO 9001:2008
- Working as an “On The Shop Floor” Technologist to constantly work to improving processes and product quality
- Support Design engineering with new product development research that meets our factory capabilities
- A diploma in Mechanical Technology, Engineering or comparable
- Experience as a “Hands On” technologist
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a metal fabrication environment
- Experience with performing time studies
- Excellent PC based computer skills
- AutoCAD experience for completing plant layout changes
- Solid Edge or similar 3D CAD experience is an asset
- Strong technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Knowledge of manufacturing industry practices, engineering principles
- Process improvement tools such as Lean /Six Sigma
- MRP experience is an asset
Welder and Metal Finisher - M.I.G./G.M.A.W. Apply
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Hammond Manufacturing Company Limited, a leading Canadian manufacturer of electrical and electronic enclosures, is currently seeking quality-driven individuals to join our Production Team as a MIG/GMAW Welder and Metal Finisher
¶Summary of Duties
The successful applicant will be required to perform MIG/GMAW welding as well as metal finishing job duties.
- As part of a cross-functional team the successful candidate will be required to perform and rotate amongst a variety of functions within the production line.
- These functions include MIG/GMAW Welding, metal finishing, spot-welding, stud-welding and machine operating duties.
- MUST have prior experience and be able to demonstrate MIG/GMAW welding skills.
- Previous exposure to a number of the above functions is an asset.
Must be able to work both day and afternoon shifts. (Days M-F 7:45am-4:15pm; Aft M-Th 4:20pm-2:20am)
¶If you require an accommodation during the application or recruitment phase, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only selected applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.