Manufacturing Process Engineering Technician Apply Now
Responsible for positively impacting our business through planned cost reduction, quality improvements and improve the Health, Safety and wellbeing of our employees. Through Improvement of manufacturing processes/procedures, equipment / tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations.
- Work in compliance with Hammond Manufacturing Safety, Environmental, Quality and Production Systems
- Conduct time studies to establish set standards, and benchmark productivity improvements and balanced flow
- Design and lead Kaizen events, evaluate the results and establish procedures to support the results.
- Actively developing and managing projects
- Develop and/or improvement assembly, automation and auxiliary manufacturing processes and equipment
- Work closely with operations staff, design engineering, purchasing, sales, technical support resources and suppliers to ensure timely completion of projects
- Lead work cell / Line flow Layout Design, construction, integration
- Maintain accurate facility layout in CAD files
- Support Design engineering with new product development research that meets our factory capabilities
- Develop work instructions
- A diploma in Mechanical Technology, Industrial engineering or comparable
- Experience with managing projects and achieving milestones to completion
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a metal fabrication environment
- Experience with performing time studies
- Excellent PC based computer skills
- AutoCAD experience for completing plant layout changes
- Solid Edge or similar 3D CAD experience is an asset
- Strong technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently in an organized fashion
- Ability to communicate progress status to team members and management at all levels
- Knowledge of manufacturing industry practices, engineering principles
- Process improvement tools such as Lean /Six Sigma
- MRP experience is an asset
- Lean/Process Improvement background
¶If you require an accommodation during the application or recruitment phase, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only selected applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.