For the first time since many can remember, a new Sub-Chapter has sprung to life at CANASA. Several interested parties in the Hamilton-Niagara region have come together to ignite the initiative and, by motion, the Ontario Board has approved the creation of the Golden Horseshoe Sub-Chapter. The new Sub-Chapter includes the regions of Halton, Hamilton-Wentworth, and Niagara.
The Board of Directors for the new Sub-Chapter will be nominated and elected in the summer of 2011 by members in the region. However, an interim board is already now in place to begin development in the area.
Working to build momentum are:
- Kevin Allison, Fire Monitoring of Canada Inc.;
- Roger Barnes, Roger’s Security Systems Inc.;
- Ronald Gibbon, Niagara Region Public Works;
- Brad Hooton, Owl-Tech Security System Services;
- Joseph Rossano, L’Aquila Electronic Systems Inc.;
- Urban Warner, Drew Mac Group Canada Inc.; and
- Scott Hammond, Hammond Manufacturing Ltd.
The first order of business is to create a calendar of events to be held locally, focusing on topics that are of specific interest to the region. If you would like to be involved or nominate someone at the Board level, please contact CANASA’s Ontario Chapter Manager, Lisa Padgett, at email@example.com.