When designing a computer room layout, cooling is one of the most important variables to consider.
A popular and cost-effective method of containing heat produced by IT equipment is through a passive hot air chimney. The chimney is fastened to the top-rear of the cabinet and directs hot air from the cabinet into a ducted plenum (lowered T-bar ceiling). The main purpose of the chimney is to prevent the hot air from mixing with the cool air entering the front of the cabinets.
Preventing hot air from mixing with cold air is important as it can increase your cooling efficiencies and eliminate the need for additional cooling. In some applications, the chimney can eliminate the demand on the facility CRAC or CRAH units resulting in significant operating costs.
- Constructed in 14-gauge aluminum.
- Adjusts up to 40.50" in overall height.
- The top of the chimney includes a padded pillow gasket to ensure a tight seal where the chimney meets the sealing.
- Chimney also includes other gaskets to prevent whistling or air leakage.
- Uses two (2) convenient grip screws to adjust the chimney height.
- Finished in textured black powder paint. Also available in textured white upon request.
- Knockdown design ships unassembled (inside of the cabinet) for easy handling and shipping protection.
- TAA-compliant for GSA Schedule purchases.
- RoHS Compliant.
- Manufactured in North America.
- Universal Rack Shelf
- Adjustable Depth Shelf
- Four Post Mounting Sliding Shelf
- Sliding Keyboard Shelf
- Rack Mount Locking Storage Drawer
- PDUs and Outlet Strips
- Adjustable Depth Cable Manager
- Horizontal Lacing Strip
- Horizontal Ring Cable Manager
- Horizontal Hinged Cable Manager
- Horizontal Steel Finger Cable Manager
- Cable Management Arm
- 10-32 Mounting Hardware
- Rack Panels
- Grounding & Bonding
Data subject to change without notice.