Share this Product
- Rugged, diecast aluminum alloy (tough - yet easy to machine), electronic instrument enclosure.
- Lap joint construction provides protection against access of dust and splashing water. Also provides for improved EMI/RFI shielding.
- Unpainted version is vibra finished for a smooth surface with no sharp edges.
- Textured black version is coated with tough polyester powder paint for a lasting finish, even after machining. Black screws are included to enhance appearance.
- Includes screws threaded into factory-tapped holes. Screw type and quantity vary. See details below or in drawings.
- Standard versions are designed to meet IP54.
- Water-tight versions are designed to meet IP65 and include a gasket. Gasket is supplied loose inside the enclosure (not pre-installed).
- Low side wall draft angle (2 degrees or less) for easy P.C. board mounting.
Tamper-proof Hardware Upgrade (Torx w/ Pin)
NOTE: Gaskets are included with watertight 1590 enclosures. They can also be purchased as a kit if you'd like to upgrade an IP54 enclosure to IP65.
- Each kit includes two pre-formed silicone gaskets.
- Gaskets include adhesive backing for easy installation.
- Allows enclosure to be machined and/or painted first and gasketed later.
- Gasket is applied to the lid.
- Designed to meet IP65 with properly installed gasket and lid screws torqued to 25-30 cN.m (36-43 ozf.in).
- Refer to part number table below for correct gasket.
- Lid height is 0.16" (4 mm)
- Don't forget to order our watertight screws (stainless steel with o-ring) when converting a standard enclosure to a water-tight box.
Other 1590-Series Enclosures
- Nine of our popular “stomp box” sizes are also available in a variety of colors. See the 1590-STOMP series for details.
- Three of our popular sizes are also available in diecast zinc (series 1590K4). The zinc alloy is heavy weight, high impact, and easy to machine & plate.
- The 1590-RIBBED series features internal vertical ribs on the side walls.
Click Part No, below, for details (e.g., Product drawings, assembly instructions, ship weight)
Units shown: inch. Switch units to: mm
Replacement or Upgrade Hardware Packs
Data subject to change without notice.