Share this Product
- Designed for EMI/RFI shielding applications - using conductive plastic (a compound of plastic and stainless steel fibers).
- Electronic instrument enclosures, ideally suited for mounting printed circuit boards.
- Thick wall design with an average wall thickness of 0.13” (3.3 mm).
- Molded from a compound of stainless steel fibers and flame retardant ABS plastic (carries a UL flammability rating of 94V-0).
- Designed to meet IP54.
- NOTE: Material is brittle - acts like phenolic - NOT FOR HIGH IMPACT USE.
- Countersunk lid is secured with four M3 x 0.5 - 0.71” (18 mm) long, Philips machine screws threaded into integral brass bushings. Perfect for applications with repetitive assembly and disassembly are required.
- Replacement screws sold in packs of 100. Part number 1594MS100
- Black with matte textured finish.
For non-shielded applications, try general purpose or water-tight series 1594.
- Conductive plastic is NOT an insulator - these enclosures must be treated like a metal enclosure.
- Conductive plastic will act as a heating element - any significant current flow will cause the plastic to heat and produce smoke.
Click Part No, below, for details (e.g., Product drawings, assembly instructions, ship weight)
Data subject to change without notice.