At Hammond Manufacturing, we use several different materials when manufacturing our products. Our most popular material used for manufacturing racks and cabinets is mild steel.
Here is an example of the products we use for each gauge of steel:
- 16 gauge (1.63mm)
- Used for side/top/bottom panels, shelves and other accessories.
- 14 gauge (1.99mm)
- Used for welded cabinet frame.
- 12 gauge (2.72mm)
- Used for relay racks and welded cabinet corner reenforcement.
- 10 gauge (3.37mm)
- Used for relay racks, some rails.
Three (3) Benefits of using a heavier gauge:
- Longer product life
- Fewer product returns
- Less risk of damage during delivery or during use
The next time you are specifying a project be sure to double check the gauge of the product to ensure it will last for years to come.
If you have any questions in regard to our steel types or for further information, please contact email@example.com.